Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box

I had read a couple of these books when they originally were published but didn't really get into the series until it was a monthly selection of the Midweek Mystery (f2f) Book Club I attended while working for the City of Irving, Texas. I believe I flew through every book in the series that had been published up to that time and LOVED them, then stopped. Something shiny (another book) must have caught my eye and I was off following that trail instead.

However, after retiring from a 34 year long stint in city government to take a fun, retirement job and moving nearer to "the country," my husband and I both now had commutes that allowed time for audiobooks. Additionally, with our children grown we were taking more and more driving trips with each other and enjoyed listening to audiobooks together. One of the first books we stumbled on was C.J. Box's Back of Beyond, part of his Highway Quartet, which at the time was simply a "duet." More road trips lead me to seeking out the author's Joe Pickett series.

Hubby liked the series so much he quickly outstripped me in where he was in the series. Since I don't like to read series book out of order, we listen to other books when in the car together. (We've been working our way through J.A. Jance's Ally Reynolds series for quite some time.) However, these books were so good to listen to together and share that I'm including them in this year's challenge so I can catch back up with Joe (and Jim).

Prior to the start of this challenge, I have listened my way up to Free Fire, number 7 in the Joe Pickett series. Below are the titles in the series in order of publication, and I'll note the dates that I finish them.

Free Fire, Joe Pickett #7 - January 6, 2018

Blood Trail, Joe Pickett #8 - January 25, 2018

Below Zero, Joe Pickett #9 - February 13, 2018

Nowhere to Run, Joe Pickett #10 - February 23, 2018

Cold Wind, Joe Pickett #11 - March 17, 2017

Force of Nature, Joe Pickett #12 - March 26, 2017

Breaking Point, Joe Pickett #13 - April 3, 2018

Stone Cold, Joe Pickett #14 - April 18, 2018

Endangered, Joe Pickett #15 - April 29, 2018

Off the Grid, Joe Pickett #16 - May 10, 2018

Vicious Circle, Joe Pickett #17 - May 24, 2018

The Disappeared, Joe Pickett #18 - June 3, 2018

#FinishingTheSeries2018

No comments:

Post a Comment